Head of Engineering
Ad-lib’s goal is to be the ecosystem of real-time creativity, we provide the infrastructure for brands to store, deploy and optimise all advertising creative. Founded in 2017 by ex-Googler Oli Marlow Thomas, Ad-lib Digital Limited has continued to experience phenomenal growth by helping brands to streamline their whole creative process using our tool to manage multi-region and cross channel campaigns. As a team we are innovative, transparent, future thinking and collaborative. We encourage healthy conflict and we have fun!
As our Head of Engineering, you will get the opportunity to grow and lead a great engineering team (from the current 10 to 20+) and help build a best-in-class software platform. As this is a new position at Ad-Lib, you will have the chance to have a great impact right from the start, as well as take on additional responsibilities over time as Ad-Lib continues to grow.
You will report directly to the Chief Product Officer, have joint ownership of the overall Product and Technical Roadmaps, be responsible for technical decision-making, and act as a bridge between our London head office and our remote development team. You will plan the growth and structure of the team, as well as our technical direction. Our platform is currently built in node.js and React, with some Java components.
This is a great opportunity to have a genuine impact as part of a great team.
- Discussing feature requests with members of the client teams, helping them understand scope and timelines
- Meeting a client to capture their feedback about product functionality
- Brainstorming with the engineers to help in the building of a new feature
- Planning priorities for the upcoming business releases with the Head of Product and Project Coordinator
- Attending a sales meeting to help answer technical questions about product functionality
- Talking to an investor who is interested in digging into the technical detail of the platform
- Deciding which language we should use for a new microservice
- Helping out a developer by digging into the code if necessary
- Leaving early to catch a flight to Kiev for a day of workshops with the engineers
- Ability to lead a high-performing engineering team, and to hire and motivate talent
- A deep understanding of digital advertising, its solutions and KPI’s and their contribution to driving value
- Experience building and operating large-scale data processing infrastructure, including data pipelines, Map-Reduce and other related tools, all cloud-based
- Understand data privacy regulations and implementation in digital advertising processes
- Free choice of OS and work development environment
- Flexible working
- Unlimited holiday
- Free food and drink in the office
- Share options